Pages

6.14.2004

Interlude

Found another quote I liked, from a book I'm planning on buying called Dark Nights of the Soul by Thomas Moore.

Here it is:
Every human life is made up of the light and the dark, the happy and the sad, the vital and the deadening. How you think about this rhythm of moods makes all the difference. Are you going to hide out in self-delusion and distracting entertainments? Are you going to become cynical and depressed? Or are you going to open your heart to a mystery that is as natural as the sun and the moon, day and night, summer and winter.

Enjoy! :-)

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hugo,
If you like the writings of Thomas Moore [I strongly urge you to buy Dark Nights of the Soul and Moore's earlier books] check out Barque: Thomas Moore at
http://barque.blogspot.com . It's a new weblog devoted to Thomas Moore's work.

Hugo said...

Bookmarked the blog - I haven't gotten around to buying the book, but it's on my "to buy" list with One Spirit book club . . . problem is I have way too many "to buy" books! :-) But I'll get around to it @ some point - thanks for the post!

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo