Pages

4.12.2005

Prayer Request

I haven't updated in over a week - sorry :-(

I do, however, have a quick prayer request and a brief musing. Two of my younger brothers (Eric and Rick, for those that know them) were in two separate car accidents in different parts of the world at the same time.

Weird.

The Story
Eric wasn't injured at all (it was a 5 mph collision), but he was driving home from a dealership, having just purchased a 2004 vehicle (and being very proud of his first official car purchase, too). They had this extremely low-speed collision as they were driving off from a red light; it was raining heavily, and his friends car skidded/hydroplaned (sp) over to the right and scraped against my brothers car. The door where his friends' car bumped into him is now unusable, but it's already being taken care of by the insurance. Again, neither one was hurt, but I can imagine I would be really hurt (emotionally / spiritually / etc.) if the car I had just driven off the lot was already in need of cosmetic surgery.

Rick was in his truck (also relatively new - purchased several months ago) with his fiancee. They were hit on the side; Rick went to the emergency room because of pain in his abdomen - his fiancee declined the emergency room. My brother was told he had been been bruised in his abdominal area, but thankfully there were no serious internal injuries - he'll just be really sore and swollen for a while. His fiancee has a doctor's appointment this morning to make sure she's OK.

The Prayer Request
So please pray / meditate / send good vibrational energies / perform rituals for my two brothers and one future sister-in-law.

The Musing
So . . . I'm feeling kinda bummed out this morning. Part of it is that I stayed up later than usual, waiting for news and passing on news as I got it. But part of it is just the . . . I don't know . . . the injustice, the unfairness of it all. Here are two really good guys, and I don't say that just because they're related to me. I like them as people. Both are in the military, with Rick having served time out in the Middle East and Eric hoping to go there soon. Rick and his fiancee are planning on getting married this Friday - now I'm wondering how that'll go, especially because he's in a lot of pain and she hasn't gotten checked yet for any injuries that may not have been apparent last night.

It just seems so random . . .

And yeah, I'm rambling a bit, and I'm a bit shook up because I could have easily, if circumstances had been just a wee bit different, lost two people that I care deeply about. I was worried about them . . . I'm still worried about them, hoping that no complications arise this week or next week because of the accidents . . . worried that they'll have enough money to cover the expenses of medical care and car repair . . . worried because they're my little brothers and I'm so far away from them that I can't go and hug them and just give them my presence and whatever comfort they need that I can give.

So I guess it's a prayer request for me, too. :-)

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

3 comments:

Kc said...

You're all in my prayers (Corry's too). Romans 8: 27,28. I think you know this one. I sure hope it helps now.

Unknown said...

Praying for you buddy!
iggy

Hugo said...

Thanks for the prayers. All three of them are OK, though Rick and his fiancee are kinda bruised up - the wedding, however, is still a go :-)

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo