Pages

10.02.2006

The National Youth Workers Convention

Later on this week I'm attending the National Youth Workers Convention in Austin, TX. I have to admit to being a bit nervous - this is the first non-Catholic large-scale conference that I'll be attending. I usually attend the National Conference on Catholic Youth Ministry (an every-other-year event), but this year my budget couldn't handle the cost so I had to look for something closer to home. The schedule looks grueling, and several workshops that I want to attend are scheduled at the same time, so we'll see what happens. More info when I return!
Blessings & Peace,
Hugo

4 comments:

The JadedCM said...

I think you'll like it a lot!

Hugo said...

Have you attended before?

Hugo

The JadedCM said...

No, I have not. I work in children's ministries and they have similar conferences for children's ministries.

I know several people who have been and everyone comes back very excited about what they have experienced. I also have read some books by presenters at the NYWC. I would like to go to it some day because I know it to be valueable.

Hugo said...

:-) I should've remembered that. I've seen the ads for the Children's conference, and I've thought about attending those, too (since I work with PK-8th grade), but this one is close. :-)

I leave Thursday morning - hope the weather holds up!

Blessings & Peace,
Hugo